Dr. Suresh L
Professor & Head
Dr. Suresh L, HoD of ISE. With a vast experience of 31 years in the profession, as teacher and administrator, he is loved by all the students as a wise educator who can present difficult concepts in simple terms using straightforward methods.
Dr. Suresh L holds four degrees in the field of Computer Science and Engineering. Currently guiding 6 research scholars in the field of Data mining, Internet of Things and Machine Learning. Five (5) research scholars received their doctoral degree under his guidance. He received best paper awards in IEEE and Science Direct conferences. He has been invited as keynote speaker for the IEEE conferences held in Singapore and Poland.
As a man of distinct vision and idol of knowledge and experience, Dr. Suresh L has been recognized through various awards like Saadana Prakasha award for rendering his services for education segment and student community, Best teacher award and Best coordinator award.
Dr. Suresh L has authored Eight books on WSN_AI_IOT, Data Structures, C, C++, Algorithms, Java, Phythan and Machine Learning concepts. He is an active member of professional bodies like IEEE, ACM, CSI, ACS, ISTE and IAE. Sir has been VTU Nominee for various governing councils and Academic Councils and played the role of Board of Examiner and Board of Studies for several years.
Sir has been member of subject expert in various committees like UPSC and KPSC. As a renowned speaker, Sir has been invited by several media channels like DD Kannada, UDAYA, Public TV, Praja TV, First TV and TV9 for Career Guidance and Panel Discussions. Sir has written articles in media. His article Atmahatye ondu mahapapa has won best award.
Expert member in Outcome based Education. Familiar with NBA, NAAC, QS Ranking and ISO accreditations. He believes Commitment and Perseverance leads to Success. He has conducted many Faculty Development programs and demonstrated best practices in Higher Education.
He loves to motivate young minds in updating technologies and build right career. Apart from being the best academician he is also a best sports person with passion for badminton and Music Lover.
Fostering winning professionals of Strong informative potential.
Imparting high quality education in the area of Information Science so as to graduate the students with good fundamentals, "Information System Integration", "Software Creation" capability & suitably train them to thrive in Industries, higher schools of learning and R & D centers with a comprehensive perspective.
Short Range Goals
- Enhance the academic performance of the faculty and students on continual basis
- Organize expert lectures, seminars, FDPs and Workshops to enhance the knowledge
- Boost up the technical knowledge of the students by providing opportunities to actively involve in paper presentation, hobby projects, technical contest etc
- Tune up the department to meet the increasing demands of software industry
Long Range Goals
- To develop Centers of Excellence in core areas like Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and IOT
- To promote Industry-Institute Interactions through consultancy projects in the field of Information Technology
- To lay a strong foundation to promote R & D activities
- To set up a base for the people from industries and other institutions to impart quality training programme
- Well equipped laboratories with 140 high end configuration systems connected to LAN.
- 100 Mbps leased line Internet facility.
- Licensed Softwares
- Printers, Scanners, 46 KVA UPS, 320 KVA Generator.
- 8 classrooms and 1 seminar hall, LCD facilities for teaching - learning process.
- Department Library facilites for staff members with more than 400+ reference books, magazines, journals, seminar and project reports, and CDs.
- Students have secured 11 Ranks at University level and Bagged VTU Gold Medals.
- Students participate in Paper Presentation, coding competitions, Quiz and Hackathon.
- Students participate in both Cultural and Sports activities.
- Ankit Agarwal bagged first rank in 2012 in VTU.
- Conducted 3 International Conferences: International Conference on Data Engineering and Communication Systems ICDECS-2011, ICDECS-2015 & ICDECS-2019.
- 25+ workshops/faculty Development Programs are conducted for faculties and students.
- Conducts PRASTHUTHI state level paper presentation competition.
- Conducts Technical Quiz for students.
- Conducts Coding competitions, Hackathon, Reverse Coding and On Spot Programming etc.
- Technical Seminar on Java APIs and hands on for IV Semester Students by Mr. Arafat Aboobucker, CTO, HUHY Technologies, Bengaluru, on 10th Feb 2018
- A Technical Talk and Awareness program on Cyber Crime and Cyber Laws for VI Semester Students by Mr. S. Badrinath, Dy.S.P, Crime Division in Criminal Investigation, Department of Police of Karnataka Police Services, Bengaluru on 17th Feb 2018
- Clinical Decision Support System for Image Retrieval from Medical Image Database by Associating Contents and Semantics of images. Received Rs. 5.2 Lakhs grants from AICTE.
- Diagnosis Tool for Assessment of Lung Nodules that helps in Analyzing Tumours with the Aid of CT Image Databases using CBIR Techniques. Received Rs. 3.8 Lakhs research grants from VTU.
- Academic performance of final year students B.E is always more than 95 % and performance of M. Tech. (CNE) is always 100%.
Details are shown below:
|Year of Passing
||Final year B.E Results
|| M.Tech Results
- Placement Statistics of last 4 years:
- Apart from academic excellence, Students have participated in co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Department has bagged 11 ranks in university examinations (VTU).
- Students have participated in Inter collegiate Project Open House and won I place.
- Students have participated in various activities conducted by student chapters namely IEEE, CSI, etc.
- The department has qualified and experienced teaching staff members who are committed to give to the best. The staff members are determined to bring ingenuity and innovative methods in teaching.
- Faculty research interest spans a wide range: image processing & feature extraction, Advanced Algorithms, Computer Graphics, Advanced DBMS, Information Retrieval, Networks, Data Mining, etc.
- The department has experienced technical staff members who help the students in labs and with technical aspects.
- The department is conducting activities like orientation program, guest lectures, seminars/workshops for the purpose to keep in pace with the latest trends in software industry.
- The department received research grants of Rs. 5.2 Lakhs from AICTE and 3.8 from VTU and completed successfully.
- In department, 2 candidates have completed their Ph.D, 5 faculty members of the department are pursuing their Ph. D.
- Dr. M V Sudhamani currently guiding 5 candidates and Dr. Prakasha S guiding 2 candidates for their Ph. D.
- Department has organized two International conferences: ICDECS-2011 and ICDECS-2015.
Ityukta- a Sanskrit word, means Information. This is a platform for our students to share their knowledge about the latest trends in CS/IS technologies. Students contribute towards newsletter by submitting technical articles and selected articles will be selected and published. Newsletter will be released during May every year.
- Every year on May 11th Project Open House is conducted where students’ showcases their projects carried out during their 8th semester.
Apart from university syllabus, students of II year and III year are encouraged to carry out mini projects and also selected ones are exhibited in PROP.
- Vinay R
- Abhishek M
- Akshay Kowshik
- Naveen S
- Ankit Agarwal
- Gowtham Guptha
- Ankush Vashista
- Students have also represented VTU
- Dr. M V Sudhamani Principal Investigator has received research grants of Rs. 5.2 Lakhs from AICTE and 3.8 Lakhs from VTU
- Mr. Manojkumar H, Ms. Sudha V and Hema N are pursuing their Ph.D in VTU and Mr. T S Bhagavath Singh is pursuing Ph.D in Anna University, Chennai
- Faculties have published more than 100+ papers in National/International Conferences and in International Journals.